A big event will put a sun-splashed smile on the face of the Parisian cultural scene in autumn 2019; the Fête des Vendanges de Montmartre (Montmartre Grape Harvest Festival). The Hôtel des Arts invites you to participate in this convivial occasion.
Celebrate the vine at the Montmartre Grape Harvest Festival
From October 9th to 13th, the Montmartre Grape Harvest Festival perpetuates the Parisian vineyard tradition. This colourful and popular festival has been taking place each year since 1934 to honour the Clos Montmartre, a secret vineyard in the heart of the city, with tastings and other gastronomic celebrations. A programme of nearly 150 diverse events are offered to the 500,000 visitors who throng the streets of the famous hill for the occasion. A wealth of concerts, exhibitions, parades, tours and more is sure to make the festival a huge success, as usual.
A very festive programme of the Montmartre Grape Harvest Festival 2019
The 2019 edition of the Montmartre Grape Harvest Festival is bursting with entertainment and excitement. Here’s a selection of some of the festive fun you can look forward to:
- Tours of the vineyards of Clos Montmartre, a very unusual part of Paris,
- A live music festival entitled Décibels Vendanges with 20 free concerts over 4 days,
- The Parcours du Goût (Taste Trail) in a village of flavours at the foot of the Sacré-Coeur Basilica gathering together producers from the French terroirs and from other countries,
- The traditional Ban des Vendanges (harvest festival celebrations) in the middle of the vineyards.
- Entertainment for all ages, such as a multicoloured race, a 5 km night run, and concerts by a grand choir of children led by the music teachers of the City of Paris.
To finish the event in style, don’t miss the opportunity to dance at the closing ball at the foot of the Sacré-Coeur Basilica!
Hotel des Arts Montmartre, a charming and comfortable hotel